Huff

E3 2018

I kinda tuned out halfway through EA's presentation, they've always been the boring one.

6.5/10

DMC 5 scared the shit outta me for a bit before I realized that the character was Nero and not Donte. Probably the only game that I'm really looking forward to.

Fuck that Division trailer though.

Edited by Veez

The new samurai Dark Souls game looks interesting.

Metro Exodus looks good just like the ones before.

Microsoft had an entire segment to announce that they figured out how to make "select titles" load faster on their dogshit hardware.

Cuphead is already a fantastic game, now it's getting a 3 player DLC thing, pretty sweet.

Battletoads.

And FUCK...I know I shouldn't get my hopes up for Halo after the absolute disaster that was Halo 5 (4 was alright, Reach was the last "classic" Halo), but goddamnit, the fact that the new Halo title is called Halo INFINITE and not Halo 6 really gets my fucking hopes up after Microsoft policed ElDewrito and subsequently dropped hints about a new "classic Halo experience". Like, look at the armor we see in the trailer (leg and helmet), it is 100% ABSOLUTELY NOT Halo 4 or Halo 5 armor. Damn damn damn, don't do this to me Microsoft...

Even if it IS Halo 6, if that shit plays and feels like classic Halo, damn, I'm buying.

Edited by TheOnlyGuyEver

I thought it was Tenchu until the From Software logo showed up. Its Nioh, but from From Software.

Never played Metro (will fix that in the next sale), but heard good things about it and all gameplay videos I watched were good.

That Jump game looked interesting, hope there are more franchises other than just Dragon Ball/One Piece/Naruto.

Cyberpunk sounded cool. Probably will get Dying Light 2 a few years after its released.

Fucking Gears of War Pop joins Thundercats GO on the stuff no sane people asked for. At least they saved some face by showed Gears of XCOM and Gears 5.

Glad to see an actual Devil May Cry game, although these uncanny valley models from the CGI were creepy. Also it looked WAY too american. I find it funny that they turned Nero into Donte.

Never cared about Halo, only played 3 and wasnt impressed.

Even though its fated to die in the same week/month, Ubisoft seems to believe in Division. I guess that (and the player count) explains the recent 80% sale on the first.

Ori 2 and Cuphead DLC. Both good games, although never played any.

Just Cause 4 was leaked on Steam a few days ago, no surprises there.

Noone cared about PUBG.

I wonder if Battletoads will just be the original game with a new art style.

Never finished Vesperia. Gotta do that.

Still noone knows what is the new Fallout.

Was kinda surprised to see Kingdom Hearts for Xbox. But that makes sense, since FFXV is in there too. The trailer was pure ass though, the audio sounded like someone messed the video editing.

Overall 6.5/10, better than EA.

Edited by Moby

Okay, my thoughts on Fallout 76:

Sincerely hope Bethesda learns from the issues Dark Souls 3's Co-op has. Amongst other things I've heard so far from our sweet little liar, you retain your skills when jumping into another person's game. So if you have something like a high-level Toughness or Mysterious Stranger Chance or Bloody Mess, and join a lower-level's party, you could really fuck some shit up. So what's stopping low-level gank squads?
Also, the concept of a nuke that anyone can use on any settlement sounds fundamentally broken. If aforementioned gank squads stockpile enough of those, some serious shit could get fucked.
Everything else seems okay about it though. Not many changes from 4, it seems.

Edited by General DeGroot

Bethesda was fuckin lame for like the first 40 minutes sucking their own dicks on a shitty card game. But then they got into the beef, and Fallout 76 looks neat and extremely griefable, but I'm not a Fallout guy. Also new IP and Skyrim 2.

Best part was Todd Howard calling an audience member a degenerate.

Lots of mobile trash, but at least Elder Scrolls 6. I hope they dont dumb down the formula even more.

Wasnt impressed by Fallout Soldier 76. It looks like a Fallout 4 DLC, but has multiplayer. "Always entirely online" didnt help.

Literally nothing about new IP.

Rage 2 looks pretty good and I'm glad to see more Doom.

2 minutes ago, Moby said:

Lots of mobile trash, but at least Elder Scrolls 6. I hope they dont dumb down the formula even more.

Wasnt impressed by Fallout Soldier 76. It looks like a Fallout 4 DLC, but has multiplayer. "Always entirely online" didnt help.

Literally nothing about new IP.

Rage 2 looks pretty good and I'm glad to see more Doom.

They said you can play Fallout 76 solo. I don't think it was meant to be an entirely new game. It's a spin-off, like New Vegas. Just something they wanted to do. If it was the next game, it would be Fallout 5.

Edited by Expresate

1 hour ago, Expresate said:

They said you can play Fallout 76 solo. I don't think it was meant to be an entirely new game. It's a spin-off, like New Vegas. Just something they wanted to do. If it was the next game, it would be Fallout 5.

Yeah, they said 'solo', but not 'alone'. While I do hope there is single player, it seems like it will be basically Rust. Still, everyone hoped for a proper spin-off (made by Obsidian).

Devolver was funny, shame they didnt showed Serious Sam 4.