Huff

E3 2018

Was hyped about Elder Scrolls 6, then someone pointed out that it's coming out after Skyrim in Space, which means it's almost certainly going to be next gen.  So, 3 or 4 years or so.  I just want it nowwwwww...

I mean honestly I suspect most large projects (ie TES6) are probably being developed with the aim to release them on the PS5/Xbox420. Things like the PS4 Pro and One X just seem like last ditch efforts to get sales out of the current gen, and I doubt they'll go down the route Nintendo did with the 3ds where they keep releasing newer versions of the same console and slowly phase out the older versions. It's probably better for the game itself if they focus on next gen.

Edited by Paero

I think ES6 being next gen is a given, yeah. A common prediction I’ve seen is that it it’s Valenwood, they’ll need that extra tech for the environment it has.

...trailer looks like Hammerfell though.

Basically nothing new on Square's. A new Platinum game though, cool.

That quiet man game was mostly actual people, then the small amount of game footage looked like the plastic graphics from early X360 era.

The Ubicircus was in town again. This year:

-Mics left on backstage

-Video feed cut

-Burp in mic

-Duped fans into making Beyond Good and Evil 2 for them via free labor

-Mario-Rabbids DK DLC, which, the game itself is good, but would be doubly better without Rabbids, like fuck

-Trials looks fun

-Pirate game

-Continuing Ubisoft's trend of weird and unnecessary crossovers, their new space game is crossed with Starfox

-Assassin's Creed Sparta looks farthest removed from assassinry as possible.

Is Assassin's Creed even about assassins anymore?

Also, didnt they stay they would give more time for the franchise after Unity and Syndicate were massive messes? Barely one year after WE WUZ KINGS they already shat another one.

9 hours ago, Huff said:

I think ES6 being next gen is a given, yeah. A common prediction I’ve seen is that it it’s Valenwood, they’ll need that extra tech for the environment it has.

...trailer looks like Hammerfell though.

Are people saying Hammerfell? My thought was High Rock. 

Good to hear about RE2 remake, Nioh 2 and Spiderman: Arkham Asylum.

Nothing about FF7, Spyro, Borderlands or Shenmue 3.

Also, Todd confirmed that Fallout Soldier 69 is ALWAYS online only and there will be always players in your world. Also he basically said (paid) mods will exist later.

Edited by Moby

40 minutes ago, Moby said:

Also, Todd confirmed that Fallout Soldier 69 is ALWAYS online only and there will be always players in your world. Also he basically said (paid) mods will exist later.

TFW just trying to construct humble shelter in farthest most boring reaches of map but get nuked and then gang-ganked by chads in power armor.

2 hours ago, Moby said:

Source pls

EDIT: Found an article that says the game will initially be online only, but they will be adding the ability to make private worlds.

But yeah, it's a spin-off. I'm not too chuffed.

Edited by Expresate

1 hour ago, Expresate said:

chuffed

I have always though this word meant "unhappy" or "displeased" because the sounds it has tend toward negative. I only found out a few years ago it means exactly the opposite.

I want to be excited about Fallout Shelter 99 but the online aspect is reeeeeeeally tempering any excitement.

Edited by ToasterToastin'

6 hours ago, Gyokuyoutama said:

I hadn't heard valenwood, hammerfell or high rock, but rather somewhere else.

I’d love Elswyer personally but I don’t think the world is ready for that level of mainstream furry exposure. Plus I don’t think they could do the variations in Khajit biology justice.

I'm actually really interested in Death Stranding now, and that's coming from someone who typically couldn't care less about story based games.

2 hours ago, Huff said:

I’d love Elswyer personally but I don’t think the world is ready for that level of mainstream furry exposure. Plus I don’t think they could do the variations in Khajit biology justice.

I'm not a big Khajit fan (Argonians best race, fight me) but Eleswyr would be a sick setting.  Jungle setting, Aztec-like architecture, we would get to murder more Thalmor...

51 minutes ago, alexgndl said:

I'm not a big Khajit fan (Argonians best race, fight me) but Eleswyr would be a sick setting.  Jungle setting, Aztec-like architecture, we would get to murder more Thalmor...

Elswyr and Black Marsh would both be amazing, but it's almost guaranteed to be somewhere with humans or mer, simply because they're more relatable to a casual audience. I'm going with Hammerfell or High Rock. Some people have suggested the white city in the snippet trailer is a close match to a city called Rihad.

I noticed there were not one but two games both involving solving mysteries as a taxi driver.

8 hours ago, Expresate said:

Source pls

1 hour ago, Medic said:

I noticed there were not one but two games both involving solving mysteries as a taxi driver.

Two games about Uber drivers and THREE samurai games. Also about 6 Battle Royales, but that was expected. Even Cyanide & Happiness will release a goddamn battle royale.

RIP Fallout, it was good while it lasted. Fallout 76 is everything wrong about Fallout 4, expanded into an online only multiplayer game. No thanks. The only good thing I can say about it is the setting seems really good.