Sign in to follow this  
TheOnlyGuyEver

My New Cartoon: MARCH

I wasn't making all those characters in my doodle thread for nothing! I've been working on a short cartoon for a few months, and it's finally done. I've actually wanted to do this in some form for 7 years now. But this cartoon itself only started production in March of this year (which is actually NOT why the series is called MARCH), after scrapping an earlier, partially-finished pilot. But finally, the culmination of 7 years of conceptualization is here! You can watch the first episode "MARCH- Austin vs the Football" on Newgrounds or Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up-fE5_IMOg

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/719899

And if you want to learn the full history of this cartoon, I made a short slideshow for you all:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13aJxzY44Mx_sym9MpZX-Eo0NnANK2YDMMZwK3iQZWWo/edit?usp=sharing

I hope to make more of these cartoons in the future, expanding the world as I go. This thread will be exclusively for MARCH episodes. Any drawings or non-MARCH cartoons will still go into the doodle thread.

Edited by TheOnlyGuyEver

I liked it for the Flipnote Hatena vibes it gave me. But then it made me sad, because Flipnote's dead. I mean, I was never any good at it, but shitposting was fun.

Anywho, the animation was solid and I liked the goofy character voices! It looks like a lot of love went into this. I can't really give any real criticism, because I'm the worst at animating.

It gets the LordAIDS Monkey Seal of Approval, indeed.

k13761496.jpg

But one question remains... Why is it called MARCH?

It reminds me of Eddsworld. I like it. Are there any animator communities that can give you feedback?

Edited by Expresate

Amazing lip-syncing, most people wouldn't try that hard with it for their first few animations. The powerpoint was nice too. I guess the only thing that caught my eye was the animation smears for the rapid arm movement was a bit too elaborate and it caught my attention too much.

I'm no animation critic tho.

Thank you all for the feedback! I'm surprised; multiple people have said that the animation is real smooth and the lip-sync is good. I suppose it comes as a surprise to me because I always intended to put a lot of effort into this first cartoon, put my best foot forward and whatnot, and so the quality of those things just seemed kinda normal to me as I was making it. Also yeah Wicket, there are a couple animation smears that I'd've rather drawn as frame-by-frame, in retrospect.