DualJay

apex legends

So yeah, I downloaded the game a few days ago and it seems pretty fun except for how badly I suck. First BR game I've every played.

Opinions lads?

Lots of polish, I enjoy most of the streamlines that the game has so you don't have to fucking play "who can click through inventories the fastest" which was something I highly disliked in other BR games

Of course having such a team focus, I wouldn't touch this game solo and would have second thoughts about duo even. But in the times where a group's up it seems okay. 

I do have a slight problem but it's more of a problem with BR games in general; I can't get a handle on the shooting mechanics as fast as I would like because the nature of engagements in a BR game. Kinda wish there was a way to practice 1v1s or something.

23 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I don't really do BR games but I feel like Fortnite is the most skill-indexed of the current lineup simply by virtue of the building aspect.

I don't really know anything about fortnite but from what I've heard it's not really anything other than building a tower that's taller than the other guy's tower and then shooting him

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I don't really do BR games but I feel like Fortnite is the most skill-indexed of the current lineup simply by virtue of the building aspect.

I'm cringing right now.

As I said earlier I ain't playing it without my friend and since the only progress they've made on the Phenom II front is adding a message saying "We're not supporting it" well then I ain't playing it. It's apparently because parts of the game (or more specifically the anti-cheat) need SSSE3 to run, which the Phenom II lacks. Other games have had this happen before and they usually patch it so SSSE3 isn't required but Respawn doesn't seem to be interested. So there's nothing left for me to do but badmouth it until they give in from all the negative press I'm generating.

Game fucking sucks by the way.

2 hours ago, Raison d'être said:

As I said earlier I ain't playing it without my friend and since the only progress they've made on the Phenom II front is adding a message saying "We're not supporting it" well then I ain't playing it. It's apparently because parts of the game (or more specifically the anti-cheat) need SSSE3 to run, which the Phenom II lacks. Other games have had this happen before and they usually patch it so SSSE3 isn't required but Respawn doesn't seem to be interested. So there's nothing left for me to do but badmouth it until they give in from all the negative press I'm generating.

Game fucking sucks by the way.

Sounds like it's not phenomenal support of their legacy hardware players

6 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

I don't really know anything about fortnite but from what I've heard it's not really anything other than building a tower that's taller than the other guy's tower and then shooting him

My friend and I enjoyed it a lot when people sucked at building so you could easily win off of aim alone but as soon as the game shifted to everyone building a 1x1x20 tower as soon as you shot them it got pretty bland and annoying (plus we got burned out grinding out the first ever battlepass).

Apex took me like 10 games to get into before I felt like I was actually being useful. Once you learn to live without lifeline it's pretty fun considering my friend loves to just go in on people - which a composition or Pathfinder and Wraith can do. I still suck without singleshot weapons though. dubs 4 days

Once I learned Fortnite's building aspect was less base-building and more "oh fuck I'm getting shot at better shit out a wall and build the tower of power" it really soured it for me.

2 hours ago, A 1970 Corvette said:

Sounds like it's not phenomenal support of their legacy hardware players

In every thread about the Phenom someone always makes this fucking pun. I didn't think it could happen here.

18 hours ago, hugthebed2 said:

My friend and I enjoyed it a lot when people sucked at building so you could easily win off of aim alone but as soon as the game shifted to everyone building a 1x1x20 tower as soon as you shot them it got pretty bland and annoying (plus we got burned out grinding out the first ever battlepass).

Apex took me like 10 games to get into before I felt like I was actually being useful. Once you learn to live without lifeline it's pretty fun considering my friend loves to just go in on people - which a composition or Pathfinder and Wraith can do. I still suck without singleshot weapons though. dubs 4 days

The game seems to highly reward aggressive plays above all else, actually. People move so fucking fast in this game and good armor lets you eat lead and shit bullets that you can just swood up on people and murder them with impunity.

I primarily play Bloodhound, who is especially good at this (along with Wraith). Pop ult, turn into Sanic, and shoot someone in the ass with the Peacekeeper, easy.

Armor in particular seems to matter more than guns, at least in the early game. One of the more memorable rounds I had involved landing in an area with another squad and beelining straight for a piece of Legendary armor I saw from above. Turns out P2020s are trumped by a massive health bonus and the fact that melee can kill people pretty damn easy. Second most kills I've gotten in a round, primarily gotten by fisting three people in the first minute.

Contrast rounds where I've sat around with a sniper rifle trying to pop people at long range and getting bit by the INSANE bullet drop this game has, which on top of being boring is way less effective.

Well, it made enough noise that Epic started to give free stuff on Fortnite.

But probably made enough noise that EA will start to milk it to death.