Jump to content

Moby

Members
  • Content Count

    9516
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    329

Posts posted by Moby


  1. Peak character design.

     

    Spoiler

    1208462045_OnirismShark.thumb.jpg.0b71bab40341088eb63d9a12eba54f70.jpg

     

    So, some context for this piece.

    I was playing this game called Onirism, which is a Serious Sam/Metroid Prime inspired shooter. Good, but bloated with content and janky.

    After finally getting through a very glitchy Resident Evil inspired part, you get to a noir/Bioshock inspired level with shark themed enemies, including this shark girl sniper:

     

    Spoiler

    image.thumb.jpeg.273e4b43c50dd259e00c635e207d5073.jpeg

     

    I was planning to draw something else, but after I saw this character, I had a neuron activation moment and took some pics because I really wanted to draw her.


  2. So, long ago, around 2022 or so, I bought this game called "Onirism" because it reminded a bit of a Hat In Time due the protagonist being a girl with an umbrella and the platforming focus.

    I never got to play it, mostly because every time I went to install it, I was jumpscared by the 60GB install size.

     

    Well, I finally got to play it and it is... Doom.

    No joke, the game is a surprisingly competent old-school shooter that makes references to quite a lot of other games.

    The game is a third person shooter at first, but has an option to become a FPS.

     

    And the reason it has 60GB is because it has an INSANE amount of content. Not only it has a lot of levels and extra modes, there are so many unlockable weapons and costumes that it gets to a ridiculous level.

    There are also some... interesting character designs.

     

    Aside the story mode, it has a surprisingly good COD Zombies mode, aside an Unreal Tournament PVP mode and a survival vs bots arena.

     

    If someone is looking for an interesting shooter and are bored of all the super technical hyperspeed boomer shooters, this one is quite good and rather cheap too.

     

    image.thumb.jpeg.49571ecee1a9bf0ebe60e3e56ee7271a.jpeg


  3. On 18/08/2026 at 3:26 PM, Moby said:

    >Bought a copy of Kamen Rider Black from Amazon

    >Got a box of Tarot Cards (although rather high quality and apparently 4x the cost of the manga)

     

    Just amazing. How did this even happen? I hope that whoever got my manga enjoys it, lmao.

    Adventures with Amazon: The Squeakquel

     

    Bought copy of Kamen Rider (original series). Tracking code never updated, always stuck at "seller left with delivery company". Was like that for about 3 weeks.

    Decided to check where the tracking code was from, found it was from a delivery company, that left it with ANOTHER delivery company, that left at the central because they don't deliver to me, which then returned because no one went to pick it up after a week.

    Gotta wait another week to ask for the refund.

     

    Bought a copy of Watchmen for my dad.

    Two copies arrive. Checked my order, there is only one in there.

    Free extra comic for me.

     

    What in the goddamn?


  4. One of my favorite videos was a Call of Duty knife killstreak video where each kill had a different death sound, from stock screams to Half-Life noises.

     

    And one of my favorite youtubers, TheHaddockBanker, had his entire account nuked by Bandai for "copyright infringement". I really miss some of the videos like "Burning up as a Black Woman in Battlefield", "The Dragonball Xenoverse Experience", Mass Effect 3 melee, Assassin's Creed chariot glitches and the "Specialist is the only good class" Star Wars compilation.


  5. For a few months, my laptop started to go on a boot restart loop on cold boots.

    I have no idea why this happens, but I looked around and its a Dell problem with this particular model that happens after 3 years of use, along other problems such as the keyboard flaking after a few months and then 15% of the keyboard stopping working after a year.

    Just swell. Another reason to never buy Dell again.

     

    But the thing is, the boot loop only happens for a few minutes, 3 to 5 at most, and only during the Dell logo. I learned that if I start the bios setup and leave it there for that amount of time, the laptop starts up normally.

    After it finally "warms up", I can turn it off and restart it without any problems.

     

    I have tried to get the warranty, even after 2 years it ended, because my country laws have a particular rule about "hidden defects" and after some back and forth, I am waiting to hear from them after they told me, and I quote, "The 1 year warranty is based on the researched expected life of the hardware"


  6. I used to like Inuyasha, but the last I remember of it was an eternal loop of Inuyasha having to upgrade the Tesaiga to break the current Naraku's barrier. There was the red blade, then the diamond blade, then it gets a black scale blade next?

     

    That and one particular enemy that kicks his furry ass because the guy was just a really good fighter... then all of a sudden he gets his sword to become magical (because he made a promise to it, I can't remember the details), then Inuyasha does his big wave counter move and kills the guy in one hit.

     

    And I think there was a filler episode of a fox youkai putting a giant rock on his hand and that for some reason gives him more trouble than most enemies in the entire anime.


  7. 2 hours ago, Rynjin said:

    Instead Dragon Ball and One Piece needed to be REMADE ENTIRELY

    Wait, is One Piece actually being remade? I remember reading somewhere long ago that there would be a new episode hiatus so they could focus on remastering the old episodes, but I never bothered checking if it was real.

     

    Edit: 

    No, wait, now that I posted that, I remember watching a remade episode. Specifically, the Enel episode where he fights Luffy and realizes his powers don't work on him.

    I remember now that they made his surprised face more like the manga (losing a lot of the comedy in the process, one of the cases I preferred something not manga accurate.)

     

    And I think they remade the scene where Luffy eats the fruit, like twice? Once in the later seasons of the anime and once in the remasters?


  8. 12 hours ago, Gyokuyoutama said:

    3.) Filler arcs.

    I can't say which parts of Dragonball Z were filler since I never read the manga.

    The only one I am aware of the filler is either One Piece or Boruto's Dad, the latter famous for having so much filler that they had to change the anime name to declare the years of filler were over and they would finally get back to the story.

    ...Only to start shitting out fillers soon after.

     

    And apparently Naruto's Son was just as bad. I remember the anime being a few months old and already having more than half of the episodes as filler.


  9. I haven't finished the Trigun anime (nor a lot of others I used to watch like Black Lagoon), so I have no idea how it goes or it was supposed to go.

     

    But I did watch the Soul Eater anime and got incredibly confused on how the final episodes come out of nowhere, characters get unexplained powers, then the whole thing ends with the biggest asspull ever.

    Only later I learned that it was because the manga was a monthly release and they were trying to do a weekly anime schedule. (Did anime get seasons back then? I remember this is why Attack On Titan spread out the anime in 4 seasons).

     

    Then even later I learned the manga also had a shit ending, so I guess that manga was truly cursed from the start.


  10. So, for anyone here that draws.

    Did you ever finish something and think the thing it was "good", but a random amount of time later, you look at it again and think "Jesus fucking Christ this sucks, what the hell I was thinking?"

    This is such time.

     

    Spoiler

    ForHuffButBetter.thumb.jpg.00b5f62e2ec01b049ef73d911c5cbbbc.jpg

     

    Now I'm happy with it.


  11. Was reading the Deltarune newsletter update, this particular part reminded me of something.

     

    Spoiler

    image.thumb.png.81bb8e77f27fafae6c8ab689828b1f56.png

     

    It reminded me of 10-14 years ago, reading Homestuck with basically everyone here (plus folks that moved away from here long ago).

     

    Not long ago, I posted a comment on a Vinny video (that turned out to be a Hussie game), saying how bad his writing becomes when he starts to get too meta and too jokey, stretching out things until they become too thin and then just ending the whole thing without payoff.

    Some guy using Rose's handle and avatar got actually offended by that, saying I was "ignoring Homestuck's deep meanings about growing up" and how "a good ending doesn't matters because you don't need to see it happen as long as you know it happened".

     

    Like, wow. At no point in the comic, between character development or their relationships, Guy Fieri/ICP becoming Presidents of the World, Betty Crocker being a sea-dwelling alien space empress, literal gray aliens, chess humanoids, green sun powered animals, deep gods and Hussie saying he based it on Spore, The Sims and Earthbound, I went "Hm surely this comic has very deep aesops about growing up and the confusing pains that come along" while watching a Twilight vampire chainsaw Harry Potter in half, after the latter killed the former and blinded bicolored Cyclops with magic science.

     

    You know, even though we here collectively agreed that the Homestuck ending sucks balls, it was fun speculating and living that moment, because it feels like all that vanished the second the "THE END" update dropped, with a small resurge in interest when the animation was announced (is that still happening?)

     

    In short: I really REALLY hope Toby doesn't pulls a Hussie, makes the last 2 chapters too meta and we get a "lmao it was all a SEE-MUH-LAY-TIH-ON" plot.


  12. Finished another Tezuka's manga, Princess Knight this time (60's version).

     

    It was alright. Better than Vampires, but that isn't much.

    They say this is a "girl manga", but I can't even guess why, because its not that girly.

    The story is mostly Sapphire dilemma about being a royal woman and having to fake being a man (because she has two hearts/souls)

    It usually goes "Woe is me -> Evil scheming from villains -> Sapphire gets a beating -> Someone saves her -> Repeat"

    Action scenes are kinda bland and go by very fast.

     

    In the first 75% of the manga, the villains are the evil royals and the witch Hell (her actual name). The royals want to out Sapphire as a woman, since its illegal to rule as a woman, the witch wants her womanly heart to make her daughter (which was made from evil magic) to be more womanly (she is a tomboy).

    The plot follows the same loop until the witch dies.

    The witch is super strong, but weak against... Christianity. She dies by having a cross being thrown at her.

     

    Then the last 25% introduces another woman with basically the same powers and the same objectives, but this time she is a god instead of a witch.

    Sapphire died because one royal suddenly became hypercompetent, one character that just had a lore dump dies trying to save her, then her wannabe boyfriend goes to the afterlife to save her (but not the other guy that just died, because no one cares)

    The story does the same plot points once again, and you think it will get interesting when they introduce some cool characters, LITERAL CHRISTIAN GOD SHOWS UP and saves the day.

    The end.

     

    I don't have much interest in Phoenix or Buddha, so I might just try Astro Boy or Dororo next time. Black Jack is one I wanted to get, but it still has no local version (and neither Franken Fran does)


  13. Oh, managed to find it.  

      

    It was "Kyō no Go no Ni", episode 2 of the OVA.

     

    Every time I tried googling it with variations of "anime with super ball duel scene", it was giving me results to Dragon Ball Super or Superbowl (THANKS PREDICTIVE GOOGLE, VERY COOL)

    Only when I tried "anime with "super ball" duel scene", it gave me a result... in the IMAGE section. A list of the anime episodes, which included the one scene I could remember.

×