Jump to content

A 1970 Corvette

Members
  • Content Count

    12707
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    199

Posts posted by A 1970 Corvette


  1. 43 minutes ago, Rynjin said:

    Like I'd love to give the Digimon card game or Netrunner a try but there's no shops around here that host games for it and there's no online client, so it's a no-go.

    Yeah I feel like once every few months I learn about some random card game that would be interesting but learning it is kind of a dead end. Though admittedly, it's common for newer games to have online clients but those usually come with a bunch of other things that turn me off of them, even if that means they would have a pool of players to actually run against.

     

    My friend's brother recently got into Riftbound or whatever it's called, and while I have absolutely no interest in the tournament scene, the lore, or actually spending any money on it, I am probably going to learn to play it just for something new because he's into it and willing to show it off and that's not a super common opportunity when it comes to TCGs.


  2. 6 hours ago, Razputin said:

    The kicker is that the current story arc, i.e. Jace becoming the villain, is something I had hoped for for years, and if the story had had any time to cook instead of being told by means of shotgun blast in a single set between two crossover products I'd have been totally down.

    It's kind of a fucked up level of monkey pawing they've managed to do, having several ideas that could hold up an entire set (block, in the case of Jace imo) and jamming them all into one. It's like they polled whatever remains of the lore nerds for ideas they wanted and instead of thinking about it they just crammed them together.

     

    They boasted about the stupid mirror pairs pack tech so much but all it does is undermine the impact color-shifting mirror universe idea because it, consequently, made every single card design so fixated on being an opposite of another card in the same set. It made me appreciate Planar Chaos more which did this idea smarter. Of course, back then there was a color pie at all, so that helped color shifting feel interesting. 


  3. 2 hours ago, Razputin said:

    That being said, if I play FaN for a long time and then swap back to Scatter I get to truly realise how stupidly strong Scout actually is, 600+ damage before reloading what the hell 

    Honestly I consider it a further upside of playing FaN because you feel powerful with it once you're dialed in but then you switch to stock and feel like an unstoppable god


  4. See I knew about the air force slice of this because of that design making the rounds around the time you said it blew up on a certain military/weapons imageboard. I actually liked Cameron the turtle mascot and another one which was a pretty normal looking cartoon girl that I think used a... giant fish as a weapon? I honestly might not really remember that part super well anymore. The mascot game is crazy in Japan, to the surprise of nobody

     

    The assertion that the artist who designed him had never drawn kemono before is... Well it's not impossible, but I just don't believe it either. I don't think you can make such a good design without having failed at least a few times first, but maybe that's my experience as a bad artist talking.


  5. On 10/09/2026 at 6:55 AM, Razputin said:

    Currently obsessed with how fun the Force a Nature is

    Honestly on its face it shouldn't really be as fun to use as it is but it somehow manages to do it. The little bit of extra things you can do with the self-knockback I think is what makes it a weapon that I always come back to; it goes without saying how strong knockback effects are but the self knockback gives you something to do at almost any moment and it's a really unique and fun mechanic. It's kind of a fidget spinner type mechanic where a lot of times you really don't need to use it, but you just end up doing it anyway because it's fun. It, like the Loose Cannon, offers a lot of 'invisible' contribution against certain enemies like Heavies where just knocking them around can absolutely annihilate their ability to pressure your team even if you never kill them.

     

    I feel bad whenever I pop off with it a little since it's fucking annoying to fight against, but hey most enemies in the wild would die equally as hard to Scattergun, if not more easily.


  6. 10 hours ago, Razputin said:

     

     

    So apparently this is might be on purpose? There's a lot of articles going around that the OoT remake style might be based on Japanese theatre puppets, but what even is truth anymore nowadays on the internet. And of course, if people don't like the style they don't like the style, doesn't matter the source

    If it's intentional hats off to them because they could convey it like at a moment's glance (and also because puppet theatre is based)


  7.  

    2 hours ago, Moby said:

    The realistic lightning + cartoony proportions + ultra textured clothes + plain NPCs is what throws me off.

    Either go for style or visual fidelity. Having both reminds me of the classic "realistic Mario" image.

    Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. My opinion doesn't mean much as a non-zelda-player but a lot of the pictures I've seen rubbed me the wrong way. My eyes got drawn to the clothes immediately because of their texturing sticking out so much.

     

    The clothes designs are cool, I just think the texturing makes them look... weird? Like doll clothes?


  8. I have fatigue of the most popular maps (mainly payload) but casual usually serves up empty servers or servers that make me question the future of humanity if you queue for anything outside the really popular maps. I think 5CP can yield some good lobbies if you stick around long enough for the Engineer players to leave though, but you have to be able to tolerate the good soldiers and scouts rolling a game in a minute if they all end up on the same team (vastly preferable to a miserable Payload roll if you ask me though, at least it's over right away). I think if there was any hope of TF2 getting active development I'd really want some kind of casual refresh that cut down the map pool considerably.

     

    I still have a lot of love for TF2 in my heart but there's just a lot of stuff in Casual that just is a chore that I don't want to do anymore.


  9. 10 hours ago, Raison d'être said:

    I moved to ShareX after the puu.sh update that had malware in it, so most of my stuff has been imgur only for a while. And even if it gets deleted, a copy is saved locally so I can always fall back on that.

    I honestly could have and should have just continued with sharex but my dumb ass got mad it wasn't exactly like puush and dropped it.


  10. Every now and then I try and find something from my old posts and it's inevitably stonewalled by dead puush links. I actually DID find something that was part of an image about a year ago when I was looking, and that was solely because Gigolo used imgur to start a thread about it.

     

    I'm not even mad at puush. It was fucking sick. I'm just mad at the slow march of time


  11. Last weekend there were so many playtests going on. Is this middle of August weekend a known time for testing or something? Is it just games shooting for the Q3/Q4 release schedule? I didn't really have enough time and I was only in two. There were other playtests going on I didn't even know existed and also just actual game launches too. 

     

    DZR2's playtest was what I expected from the trailer, which is basically just DZR1+. Can't fault them since the formula works but there's not much I can say. For better or for worse it feels like the kind of game that makes its predecessor obsolete. Pretty sizeable amount of content for the playtest, I kind of expected like one main path run only but it had side missions (with voice acting and story even)

     

    Wardogs was kind of fascinating. There's so many weird game design shenanigans going on that I can't tell how much of it is overlapping systems intentionally designed or just what happens when you slam together things from different games. The money system being only for the match except there's some persistent cash but the persistent cash is just rolled over to the next game, and the unlocks requiring large cash lump sums from the non-persistent match cash but are account-wide unlocks once you've paid them... There's so much that's a bit weird but it's all functional enough to not say it's outright terrible. Wish it was a little more arcadey than it is tactical, but that's definitely not the vibe they're going for. I'm more interested in the game than I was before, but I also am still not sure if I will actually enjoy the game with how pixel hunting-instakilley it can be. I've been trying to give those kinds of FPS games more of a try as of late out of desperation for something new so maybe.


  12. On 8/16/2026 at 7:39 AM, Razputin said:

    the GitS movies are some of my favourite movies of all time but it's the super dreadful atmosphere of them that made them so good. I remember being disappointed when I tried to read the manga a bit and it was more lighthearted and just not as interesting. Funnily enough I learned about the new adaptation from tumblr discourse, where someone was excited that the new show seems to be closer to the original tone and how much they hated the movies.

    I thought about this a bit because I like both, and I especially agree that the atmosphere the previous (good) works create is so damn good and kind of unparalleled in the field. I guess to me the interesting part about the new colorful more wacky adaption is seeing how different the same 'material' can be adapted, seeing the shared DNA yet seeing how wildly divergent they are at the same time.

     

    I also totally get why the decision to cut the goofy shit and hone in on the other aspects was made, and it's pretty clear to see how well it worked for the movies since they kind of defined the public view of the entire series at this point.  You can get fucking whiplash from the tone switches in the more faithful adaption, I'm sure the manga is the same way (the anime's pace is kind of breakneck which might make it worse admittedly). I find it kind of interesting and fun so far but it's also pretty fair to prefer the originals


  13. I'm enjoying the new Ghost in the Shell adaption. I feel like people are unreasonably harsh on it, as if they're mad that it's not something that already exists / more of the same (SAC and the movie). And a lot of other criticisms that are just too dumb to even bother addressing such as "I can't believe they didn't show full frontal fingering in this TV show"

     

    As someone who often watches lower budget seasonal crap it's a pretty nice change of pace, I really like the style and colorful palette the show uses and the soundtrack is pretty good


  14. 20 hours ago, Moby said:

    Did you ever finish something and think the thing it was "good", but a random amount of time later, you look at it again and think "Jesus fucking Christ this sucks, what the hell I was thinking?"

    I think I annoy some people I know with how unwilling I am to look back on anything I draw, so definitely yes. I also know it's mainly all in my head, but it's a hard aversion to overcome.


  15. Man I can't even remember what was going on when I stopped paying attention to homestuck. I guess it was when they summoned a giant space battleship to escape the universe exploding... or something like that. Homestuck touched upon growing up I guess but to say the themes were "deep" is crazy. What even was a "deep" theme of homestuck, looking back? UI/UX confusion? It's been so long I can't really recall anything other than broad strokes.

     

    I do consider that creative spark to be the main thing I look fondly back upon, where there's just all this vague info that you can spend time trying to piece together into rules and potential plotlines. And of course that's all ripe for fanfiction that will turn out to be invalidated by a single line in the story that says "Wait no, that's not how it works in this situation."

     

    A certain musical franchise that I never shut up about's mobile game (now EoS, very sad [not really the game part actually fucking sucked lmao it was everything else that was good]) which featured this constant, weekly drop of story and character content along with musical releases that tied into it all kind of hit a similar note, though the story was much more grounded obviously. It was so fun seeing just the most random fanart about something that happened in the story that just dropped, speculating about what was going to happen each chapter, etc. A lot of random fan works were spawned from the tiniest things that happened in a stream or even just a card art and there were a lot of theories that came and went and came back again as background developments occurred (justice for the Kosuzu back injury theory!!). It was like getting an anime episode or more of stuff to talk about for years on end. I don't know if anything's going to hit such a long span of continuing development again; the closest is maybe the bandori vtuber project but it's nowhere near the same in terms of sticking to a continuing story and never breaking kayfabe. For that though I guess we haven't really reached that point where 'the end' shows up, more of a long lurch before the tv anime. Maybe it'll hurt even more once that's done.


  16. Hoyo and Vtubers both occupy this space of 'designs I see and then groan when I learn where they're from' which has definitely kinda blended together in my mind, but I know there's several lookalikes between the two. I'd also generalize and say their fans have a ton of overlap as well which only further muddies the waters.

     

    On the bright side, because of this you can pull an XY and say "I don't know who kroni is because i haven't played star rail" because of that so there's some value in it


  17. You know I've definitely watched a few slice of life shows with superball shenanigans but I don't know if I watched one from that era with two guys playing with one.

     

    1 hour ago, Moby said:

    Second was the chat client that group used. The most I used back then was MSN Messenger, but I was required to download this ANCIENT (even for the time) that required the constant use of hastags and/or slashes to enter rooms and now that I think about it, kinda reminds me of Discord if it lacked buttons.

    Isn't that just IRC? Sounds extremely on theme for an online fansubbing group, especially during that era

×